A FEW TALKING POINTS ABOUT SHORT TERM CARE FACTS INSURANCE
“We’re not wealthy, and we can’t afford a full-blown Long Term Care Insurance policy, but we would like some coverage to protect what we do have in a case of recovery, convalescence, or rehabilitation.”
Your group health or major medical insurance, or Medicare and a Medicare Supplement may cover your medical costs, but who pays for recovery costs during your rehabilitation or convalescence? STCI will !!!
“It only takes one day to get the bad news, but it may take months to recover.”
Won’t happen to you? Here are just a few examples. Please consider.
1) Stroke— In age 40-60 age band, stroke incidence is up. 71 percent of
people will survive one year or more after their first stroke. 500,000 people
each year suffer a stroke for the first time. That’s one every 53 seconds. 4.5
million people today are stroke survivors (American Heart Association)
2) Heart— 1.1 million heart attacks per year. One every 29 seconds.
- 88% of heart attack patients under 65 are able to return to work.
- 76% of men and 58% of women will survive 1 year or more after having a heart attack.
- About 15 million people alive today have a history of heart attack, angina pectoris, or both (American Heart Association)
3) Cancer— Incidence up—Death rate down. 1 in 2 men will develop some
form of cancer in their lives. 1 in 3 women. 10 million people today are
cancer survivors (American Cancer Society)
4) Knee replacements— (Arthroplasty) Up 130 times in 30 years.
5) Hip replacements— Becoming more common in age 50-70 group.
BUT, THE BIG QUESTION REMAINS— Who pays for surviving? Who pays the care costs after the event?
REHABILITATION—CONVALESENCE—RECOVERY— That’s what Short Term Care Insurance is all about !!!